If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Muhammara...How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
On pita, in tabbouleh….just to lick….and on pizza! Consider this the middle eastern equivalent of Margherita! - Kitchen Butterfly
Serves 1 or 2 (depending on generosity)
- 1 pita round (~20cm diameter) or Lavash (20 x 20cm)
- 1/3 cup Muhammara (recipe below)
- Pomegranate molasses, to taste
- 100 g (Buffalo) Mozzarella Cheese
- 30 tomato berries or 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Sprinkling of dried oregano, mixed with olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 230 deg C/475 deg F and set a baking stone (if you have one) onto a rack at the lowest rung of your oven. If you don't have a pizza stone, use a regular baking tray, turned upside down. Alternatively, put on your grill
- Using a pastry brush/spatula, spread the pita or lavash with the Muhammara, and drizzle with pomegranate molasses.
- Tear the mozzarella into pieces and scatter over the Muhammara. Finish off with the tomato berries or quartered cherry tomatoes and drizzle with the dried oregano olive oil
- Place in the oven or on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a glass of mint tea!
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread (~ 70g), toasted
- 80g flaked, raw walnuts
- 2 red paprikas (bell peppers), blackened, skinned and deseeded
- 2 cloves of (roasted/smoked) garlic (smashed)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper (or cayenne)
- 1 teaspoon dry roasted cumin seeds
- 20ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) pomegranate molasses
- 20ml olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Put the bread, walnuts, red peppers, garlic, paprika, chili, and cumin seeds in a food processor. Pulse, till the mixture breaks down, scooping the sides in.
- Follow with the pomegranate molasses, olive oil and lemon juice. If you feel you need more than what is specified in the recipe, by all means modify.
- Taste and season with salt to ensure you have a tasty dip.
- Store for up to a week in the refrigerator
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
Shine a Little Light
Candles for spring.
Let Them Shine
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
DIY Herb Rub
Easygoing banana bread.
Go play outside!