If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The muted complexities of this soup intrigue and delight me. It’s smooth, rounded, bold, and pithy while also being delicate, peaceful, serene and just a touch reserved: a Zen warrior. The taste lingers on your tongue like an anticipatory pause and perfectly prepares you for your next course that could range from a simple salad to a nicely grilled steak. - F for Food
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- a clove garlic, smashed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups artichoke hearts
- 1 medium potato, peeled & chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil and butter in a heavy, large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and the garlic and stir. Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add the artichokes, stock, salt, and pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using a handheld immersion blender, or in a blender in batches, puree the soup. Stir in the sherry.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Top each of the soups with a drizzle of walnut oil, toasted pine nuts and fresh chives, or simply, a rustic, torn crouton.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Artichoke Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.