If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite Fried Chicken- EVER!!! —Stefano Coppola
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, Louisiana style
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- flour, for dredging
- peanut oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon Good quality bacon fat
- 1 large cast-iron skillet, at least 12in.
- 1 fry/candy thermometer
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk and hotsauce overnight, or at least 12 hours.
- Make a rub with garlic and onion powders, paprika, cayenne, 1 Tablespoon salt & 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat bacon fat and enough peanut oil to come up 1/8 inch up the side of the skillet. Heat oil to 325.
- Remove chicken from marinade, season with rub.
- Dredge in flour.
- Fry. maintain oil temp, about 10-12 min per side depending on thickness of the chicken. 180 internal temp.
- Drain on brown papper bags or paper towels. Serve with honey.
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.