If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On our way to a wedding in Stinson Beach, we detoured to Berkeley for a stop at the Cheeseboard Collective. I have baked from their cookbook many times, and dream about their cheddar filled English muffins (sold out--drats!) but never knew about Cheeseboard Pizza right next door. The pizza spot wasn't officially open yet, but the doors were open, and we popped in to check it out. They are an employee owned restaurant and serve one pizza a day--always vegetarian--and that's it. That day it was Corn and Feta with Cilantro lime pesto. umm...sounds..okay. There samples on the counter so holy mackerel CILANTRO LIME PESTO! With FETA! I downed half of the sample plate. We had to get on the road to the wedding, and they couldn’t sell us one because they weren’t officially open, so, thankful for the generous samples, we headed for the door. Not so fast, the chefs said, you must let us give you a pizza for the bride and groom. no charge! our pleasure! so glad you were able to come by! they said. Boy do I love these people. We spent the hour drive to Stinson taking in the delicious aroma of the Pacific Ocean and this amazing pizza. We semi-reluctantly presented the pizza to the bride and groom and hoped they would dig into it when we were around…Back in Washington, I had to re-create this fabulousness, but my son has food allergies, so whatever pesto i was going to make would have to be good sans pine nuts and cheese. (we also omit the feta for him, don't get me started on the food allergies...) So, this is what I came up with and it gives me a happy hippie Berkeley feeling whenever I make it here in Washington, DC. - courtneycarlson
Serves 1 8-inch pizza
- 4 mediumcloves garlic
- 2 bunches cilantro (about 2 1/4 tightly packed cups)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels
- Pizza dough for 1 eight inch pizza
- half the cilantro lime pesto you made above
- Make the pesto by adding the ingredients to a food processor, process on high for 30 seconds, then slowly add the olive oil until the pesto is well mixed. This "pesto" will be the consistency of a salad dressing. Pour the pesto over the corn and mix thoroughly to coat.
- Scatter the corn-pesto mixture over the crust out to the edges. Follow with the crumbled feta.
- Bake the pizza at 475 for 12-15 minutes. Also really good made on the grill. (If you are turning your grill on anyway, put the plain corn kernels in a foil pouch on the grill until they get a bit charred, then toss with pesto and proceed with the recipe.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.