Author Notes: This was handed down from my parents who insisted that I make it. I did, and it was packed with flavors. It also puts a whole new twist on pizza sauce. - Dax Phillips
- 1/4 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 pizza dough (make your own), or store bought
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken, lightly pulled
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425. In the meantime, lightly oil a baking pan and place the pizza dough on top of the pan.
- In a bowl, mix your raspberry preserves, barbecue sauce, and chipotles. Spread onto the pizza dough. This is your sauce. now, add a bit of the cheese, red onion, and chicken. Continue this layering process until the these three ingredients are gone.
- Cook for 18-22 minutes until crusts are a nice golden brown and the cheese has melted. Top with the chopped cilantro, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza