If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: test kitchen experiment for a dinner i put together - abuck
- 16 ounces Arctic Char filet, cut into 4oz portions
- 4 bunches mache
- 2 Cara Cara oranges
- 3 ounces neutral oil (peanut, canola)
- 1 ounce sudachi juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch korean chili flakes (or other smokey chili flakes)
- kosher salt
- 4 ounces duck fat
- brine the arctic char in a 20% (by weight) solution of water and salt for 20 minutes
- drain and dry the arctic char
- portion arctic char into individual zip lock bags or vacuum sealed bags with 1 oz of duck fat per bag.
- cook the arctic char bags in a water bath at 50° C (122F) for 1 hour sous-vide. you could skip the previous 3 steps and pan fry the arctic char in duck fat if you desire.
- create a vinaigrette using the oil, sudachi juice, chili flakes, and sugar- combine in a container and shake vigorously.
- supreme the oranges
- dress the mache lightly with some of the vinaigrette in a small bowl, plate the oranges and fish, then spoon the rest of the dressing around the fish.
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.