If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Artichokes in Lemon Sauce is very simple, but the presentation is sure to please everyone at the table. This recipe is from our book "Cooking with the Bible: Recipes for Biblical Meals." - Anthony Chiffolo
- 4 cups water
- juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 fresh artichokes
- radicchio or variegated arugula
- vinaigrette dressing or butter dip
- Pour the water into a large saucepan and put in place a basket or standing strainer/sieve. Add lemon juice and garlic to the water. Cut the stems off the chokes and with scissors or a sharp knife cut the upper part of the leaves straight across (they tend to be spiny and prickly, so it's best to remove them before cooking or eating), leaving a flat top. Place the artichokes in the strainer, partially cover the pot, and cook for about 30–35 minutes at a medium-to-high heat. (Do not overcook, or they become mushy.)
- Remove from pot and arrange on a large platter surrounded by radicchio or variegated arugula.
- Serve with a vinaigrette dressing or a warm butter dip.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Artichoke Recipe