If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband loves barbecue and I love pizza, and so after thirty-four years, we're still a good combination! —cookwithsusan
- 1 tablespoon Cornmeal
- 1 piece Whole wheat pizza dough for a 10-12 inch pizza
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces garlic and herb cream cheese spread
- 2 thinly sliced Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Sicilian Jack Cheese (Pepper Jack can be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons spicy barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole-milk sour cream
- 1 cup cooked and shredded roasted white meat chicken (leftovers from Sunday dinner?)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- I know, I know, the purists are shaking fingers at me and saying that whole wheat pizza crust is boring; and, yes, I occasionally use a store-bought crust, but a little olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes brighten the whole-wheat crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a seasoned pizza pan, sprinkle cornmeal on the pan to prevent crust from sticking. Place rolled-out, whole-wheat crust on pan. Lightly brush crust with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper flakes.
- Top pizza crust with cream cheese spread, followed by tomatoes, and Jack cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk barbecue sauce and sour cream until blended. Add chicken and coat chicken with sauce.
- Spread chicken on pizza, topping with basil and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for approximately 19-22 minutes (depends on your oven), until cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly, cut into six pieces, and enjoy!
- Note: My oven works best at 375 degrees for pizza, but many cooks use a much hotter temperature setting.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.