If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe inspired by necessity to come up with an impressive yet simple first course for a last minute dinner party using ingredients I had on hand. I had torn the picture out of a magazine in the doctor's office but not the recipe so this is what I came up with. A beautiful start to a summer dinner. - foodfanatic
- 8-12 canned artichoke hearts
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 egg yolks
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 teaspoons warm water
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taster
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Drain and rinse the artichoke hearts very well. Cook in acidulated water for 8-10 minutes .
- Melt the butter until very hot and foamy, but not browned.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks and lemon juice together, gradually adding the melted butter and then the warm water. Place the sauce over a double boiler and cook for a few minutes to thicken slightly.
- Arrange the artichoke hearts on a platter or 4 individual plates and drizzle over the sauce. Scatter with the mint leaves and pomegranate seeds and serve immediately .
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Artichoke Recipe
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Genius, explained at last.
Style with a breeze.
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
Gnocchi with a Twist
Gno potato, gno problem.