If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to work at a neighborhood restaurant that was known for its unconventional pizza toppings and combinations. Rose petals, anyone? How about peanut butter and bacon? For a spell, I was the person making the pizzas, and I came up with the Pink Poodle for the menu. It's called "pink" for the color and "poodle" for the sort of Frenchy ingredients (and alliterative benefit). The combination makes for a pretty pie that's rather mild in its flavors. Cut into smaller pieces, it makes for a great appetizer/hors d'oeuvres. Oh, and about that peanut butter pizza: I won't write out a recipe, but if you feel compelled to try it (and I highly recommend that you do) spread some peanut butter on your crust, top with sharp white cheddar, crumbled bacon (cooked), and lots of black pepper. It's hard to mess up (and hard not to love). But try the Poodle, too! —vvvanessa
Makes 1 pizza
- 1 12-inch pizza crust
- 4 ounces brie, cut into 10-12 thin slices, with or without the rind
- 6 slices (about 2 ounces) thinly sliced dry ham, such as jambon de pays or prosciutto
- 3 ounces chèvre
- 12 seedless red grapes, washed, dried, and halved (pole-to-pole or along the equator, your pick)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Set pizza crust on baking tray or pizza stone.
- Lay down the strips of brie on the crust. Next, add the ham. Dot the pizza with small dollops of the chèvre and grapes. Sprinkle the entire pizza with the herbes de Provence and a little bit of salt. Drizzle a tablespoon or two of olive oil over the whole pizza.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges of the crust just begin to brown.
- Cut and serve.
- Say "Oooh la la!" every time you take a bite.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.