If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this recipe after reading a book on the aromatic science of food and wine. —the serial cook
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 cups non-bleached flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- In the bowl of a standing electric mixer add the warm water, the dry yeast and the sugar. Stir gently to dissolve. Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour and the curry powder together.
- Add the olive oil and salt to the mixer and combine at low speed. Add the flour and curry mix, a little at a time until the dough comes together. Turn ethe dough out onto a lightly floured surface and fold it over itself a few times. From the dough into a ball and plae in a lightly oiled bowl, turn it over to coat it. Cover with plastic wrap or a clean towel. Place in a warm, draft free place for an hour, until the dough doubles in size.
- 1.5 cups grated mozzarella
- 1.5 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 preserved lemon
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini
- 2 dried figs
- Olive oil
- Cut the eggplant in ½ inch cubes and cook in a pan with a good drizzle of olive oil and the minced garlic. Cut the zucchini into rounds 1/16 inch thick. Finely mince the preserved lemon and the dried figs.
- Preheat the oven at 450.
- Pat half the dough out on a greased and floured pizza pan. Brush the dough with some olive oil.
- Add the grated mozzarelle, the eggplant cubes, the zucchini rounds, the preserve lemon, the figs and finally the crumbled feta.
- Place the pizza on the bottom rack and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
Your search for the best recipe is over
The best donuts—ever.
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
We've got the summer blues.
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.