If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This piece is a little sweet, a little gooey and whole lot of beautiful saltiness, thanks to the twisted slices of prosciutto. The prosciutto parts touching the pie melt into the cheese while the top twisted parts turn sharp and crunchy. It's bright and quite vibrant, for pizza. Since not everyone has a mixer, I decided to share a super easy no-knead dough recipe adapted from Jim Lahey's No-Knead Dough Recipe. - eatboutique
Serves 1 small pizza
Doppio Zero No-Knead Pizza Dough
- 3 cups Doppio Zero “00” flour, more for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the yeast and salt. Add the water and stir until blended (the dough will be sticky). Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap (it needs to breath!) and let rest for 18 hours in a warm spot, about 70 degrees.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and lightly sprinkle the top with flour. Fold the dough over on itself a few times, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Generously sprinkle the dough balls with flour and cover with a clean cotton towel. Let the dough rise for at least 2 hours, but 3-4 hours is better.
- The dough will keep in the fridge, wrapped in plastic wrap, for 3-4 days.
Peach & Prosciutto Pizza
- 1 ball of pizza dough
- 1 small handful of Doppio Zero “00” flour for dusting
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cup of shredded mozzarella
- 4 slices of good Taleggio cheese
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 1 ripe peach, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Set an oven rack on the bottom rung of the oven. Pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Dust a clean surface with a little flour. With a lightly dusted rolling pin, roll the pizza dough out into a flat disk, no more than ¼ inch thick, and about 12 inches in diameter.
- Coat a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Gently lift and place the rolled dough onto the baking sheet. Drizzle the dough with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the dough with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Place the taleggio slices across the pizza, as you wish, along with the peach slices. Twist and place the prosciutto slices into spaces not filled with the taleggio cheese. Sprinkle the entire pizza with black pepper and salt.
- Place the baking sheet on the rack in the bottom of the oven. Bake for 6-7 minutes, watching closely, as oven temperatures vary. The pizza is ready when all the toppings are melted beautifully and the bottom of the pizza has slightly browned when you look underneath with a spatula.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and slide onto a large cutting board. Slice as you wish and serve. Remind folks to let the slices cool before digging in.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza