If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the first receipe I am sharing. It is a summer dish that is very popular in Turkey and one of my absolute season favorite…
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 to 6 artichoke hearts (you need the heart of fresh artichokes without any leaves. I take six, if theye are small ones)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 juice of a lemon
- 1 middle size onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil (you can use more if you like, people tend to use up to half a coup but I find it too much)
- 1 pound peas (frozen are perfect)
- 2 carrots
- 2 middle size potatos
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 bunch dill
- Clean and wash the artihokes. Put them in a bowl with cold water mixed with flour and the juice of one lemon and let them rest.
- Chop the onion and put it in a shallow pot with the olive oil and cook until golden brown, add the garlic and cook another minute or two. Take the artichoke hearts and place them in your pot strait out of the flour-lemon-water and add water until the artichokes are ¾ covered and sprinkle some more lemon juice over the artichokes, so that they won’t turn brown during cooking. Let them boil for a minute, ad salt and sugar, then turn down the heat and let them simmer for around 20/30 minutes until cooked.
- Chop potatoes and carrots.
- Take the artichokes out after they are cooked and place them in a glass tray or shallow bowl. Put the peas, chopped carrots and potatoes in the same pot with the onions and cook until they are done.
- Place the pea, carrot, potatoe mixture into the centre of the artichoke hearts and pour the remaining Olive oil/water and onions in your pot over the artichokes. Garnish with choped dill. Sprinkle some Extra Vrigin Olive Oil over the dish and serve cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Artichoke Recipe
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.