If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These candies are incredibly sweet, just the thing to satisfy any sweet tooth, and, as long as you keep an eye on your temperatures, they're ridiculously easy to prepare. Now if only they were calorie-free... —hillary
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 0.5 cups whole buttermilk
- 1.5 tablespoons light colored corn syrup
- 0.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- dashes salt
- 2/3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Combine the sugar, buttermilk, corn syrup, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and salt into a large saucepan and cook over a low heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Once the sugar has dissolved, continue cooking until a candy thermometer reaches 234 F. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
- Once your mixture has reached 234 F, remove it from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Stir nuts, butter, and vanilla into the sugar mixture using a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until the mixture loses its shine. This should take 5-7 minutes.
- Using teaspoons, drop the mixture onto a cookie tray lined with a silpat mat or wax paper. Let the candy rest until it has set, about 20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.