If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was developed to utilize the beautiful oriental eggplant and squash from my CSA. It can be made with homemade marinara sauce or your favorite bottled sauce. I recommend serving it with garlic bread. - JenSchall
- 1 oriental eggplant, sliced
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 28 ounces marinara sauce
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and the oven to 375°F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice drizzle the eggplant and squash slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the slices for a few minutes on each side, until tender.
- Spread a layer of sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a layer of the grilled eggplant and squash. Top with additional sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Continue to repeat layers until all of the eggplant and squash is used. Top the final layer of squash and eggplant with sauce and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and golden. Top with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Eggplant Recipe
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.