Author Notes: This is a popular weekly dinner for me. I sometimes make this up to three times and week (applying the method to other firm fish) and just vary my seasoning of the salmon/fish and maybe switch up the vegetable. It’s ridiculously easy and perfect for when I am eating alone but can be easily multiplied for a crowd. - testkitchenette
Serves 1 or more
- 1 salmon fillet, rubbed with olive oil and salt and pepper
- Put salmon in your cooking vessel of choice skin side down and roast for about 10 minutes. Flip the salmon over and roast for an additional 5-8 minutes. I usually peel the skin off for presentation.
- 1 bunch of broccoli rabe, well washed and woody portion of stems trimmed off
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add some salt. Add the broccoli rabe and blanch for about 3 minutes. Plunge into cold water to stop cooking. Drain and add broccoli rabe to a pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and saute for about 3 minutes. Serve alongside salmon with a squeeze of citrus if you'd like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salmon