If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I developed this recipe for my family as we were making our best effort to eat salmon at least once a week and I wanted an oriental variation to serve over brown rice. Be careful not to overcook the salmon as it can come out a bit dry and tough. Maple Syrup can be substituted for the Wildflower Honey and sesame seeds can also be added for variation. I don't add salt to this recipe because of the Teriyaki, but if you prefer, you can finish it with a lovely artisan salt. Our local Costco sells farm-raised Salmon which are perfect for this recipe. —Sunchowder
Makes 6 generous servings
- 1 piece Salmon Fillet about 10 to 12 inches in length
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Honey Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Wildflower Honey
- 1 teaspoon Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 pound Yellow Onion, sliced and left in rings
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil for Saute
- 1 pinch Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Combine Teriyaki, Honey Mustard, honey, grated ginger and fresh ground black pepper to make the marinade.
- Wash the salmon and marinate it in this mixture for at least 30 minutes, you can do this in a deep long dish or in a Ziploc bag.
- Cut up the onion into nice rings, 1/4 inch or so wide.
- Prepare a 12" skillet using the 2 Tbs of Canola Oil.
- Cut the salmon into serving size pieces (at least 2 inches wide) and place into the hot skillet.
- Place the onion rings over the top of the salmon and pour the marinade over the onions and salmon.
- Cook the salmon on a higher flame for about 4 to 5 minutes until the Salmon is a touch carmelized/blackened and turn over the salmon with the onions over to cook. You want to get the onions to carmelize just a bit, without overcooking the salmon. This should take another 3 to 4 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve the salmon carmelized side up over a lovely bed of rice of your choice and layer the onions over each piece for a pretty presentation.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salmon
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.