If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: OK I know I am a little redundant with this whole plank thing, but after talking to seafood_chef I really wanted to try a wine soaked plank. This is the last one, I promise!!! - aargersi
- 1 large bottle of cheap dry white wine
- 1 cedar plank (I used my trusty untreated cedar fence picket from Home Depot cut to size, we keep one in the garage for this purpose)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sprigs marjoram
- 6 sprigs thyme (I used 1/2 lemon thyme and 1/2 regular thyme)
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 salmon filet - mine was about 6 0z because I was cooking just for one - adjust accordingly
- Soak your plank in the jug o white wine - I put it in a baking dish, poured the wine over and held it under with a heavy saucepan. It needs to soak for at least a couple hours.
- Blend together everything but the salmon - adding a few grinds of pepper - this is your basting liquid.
- Get the grill nice and hot. Lay your salmon skin side down on the plank, sprinkle with a couple grinds of pepper and a pinch of salt, and head out. Put it on the grill and brush with a good amount of the basting liquid, and close the lid. Let it grill for a few minutes, then check, brush with more liquid, cover, repeat. Keep this up until the salmon is cooked through, about 15 minutes on my grill but it depends on the plank, the size of your fish and your heat. the salmon will turn a pretty bronzed color - and you can peek in the thickest part to check for doneness.
- To serve, get a spatula and shimmy the salmon off of the skin (which will be stuck to the plank) - remove it to a plate, put some lemon wedges alongside, open some of Sasha's pinot noir and you are ready to eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Lemon, Thyme and a Grill
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salmon
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.