If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired by a dish I once ate at a Turkish restaurant. It was very delicate, and stayed in my mind for many years. It was sweet, smokey, light, and ethereal: by far the best eggplant dish I've ever had. - Naomib
- 4 Eggplants
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 2 Peeled and finely chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place eggplants in the oven until collapsed. Depending on the vegetables' size this may take 30-45 minutes.
- Once completely soft, remove from oven and let cool until temperatures are comfortable for handling.
- Cut each eggplant in half. Cut and discard stem. With a teaspoon thoroughly remove seeds. Scrape the flesh out of the skin. Place seedless, skinless eggplants in a bowl.
- Add chopped garlic, the lemon juice and sea salt.
- Using a hand immersion blender, puree all ingredients together until the eggplant reaches a very fine, smooth texture.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley. Serve on its own, or with warm, fresh pita bread wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Eggplant Recipe