If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go to dish for company. It is a one pot dish. It is abundant and it hits all flavor points. - Maria Long
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 Lbs of skinless wild salmon
- 1 Big onion chopped
- 2 Big garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Can of Trader Joe's diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Of chopped chipotle in adobo (optional)
- 2 cups Of Trader Joe's frozen roasted corn
- 2 cups Of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 4 to 6 Strips of bacon
- 1 small bunch of chopped cilantro
- 1 Avocado cubed
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Of both salt and pepper
- the juice of one lemon
- 1 bottle of Trader Joe's enchilada sauce
- 6 to 8 Trader Joe's handmade flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup Of corn or canola oil.
- 1 Medium sized potato diced into small cubes
- In a big pan with a lid, fry the bacon at medium heat. Leave the fat in the pan and crumble the bacon. Set aside for later.
- Add the corn or canola oil and saute the onion, the potato and the garlic until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, the chipotle, the frozen corn, the salt, the pepper and the cumin. Let this simmer for 6 or 7 minutes.
- Add the THAWED if frozen, salmon, half the bottle of enchilada sauce,and the lemon juice, and cover for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Break up the cooked salmon with a wooden spoon and combine it with the sauce until it looks like hash. Add the avocado, the cilantro, the crumbled bacon, and one cup of the cheese, and stir until combined. taste to see if you need more salt or pepper.
- In an oven proof casserole spread some enchilada sauce on the bottom. Lay each flour tortilla one at a time, fill it with salmon filling, rolling it so the seam is face down, until they are all in one layer.
- Cover with the rest of the enchilada sauce and top with the rest of the grated cheese. Heat in the oven until the cheese is melted, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salmon