If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The marinade in this recipe is my favorite for salmon - easy and versatile. I've made salmon this way topped with agrodolce onions (onions sauteed with balsamic and honey), but my favorite it with pineapple salsa. The grilled pineapple caramelizes with a little of that BBQ char flavor, the onions and lime juice countered the sugar with some bite and the jalapenos added just the right amount of heat. It just tastes of the grill and summer and sun.
- 3 pounds Salmon filet
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
- Whisk together the olive oil, soy and dijon. Place your salmon is a large, rimmed dish and cover with the liquid. Let marinate for 1 - 12 hours.
- About 45 minutes before you want to eat, preheat the oven to 450°.
- 25 minutes before you want to eat, line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment and place your salmon on it. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand about 3 minutes before cutting into portions. Serve with grilled pineapple salsa.
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 1 large pineapple, cored, skin and stems removed – cut into 4 or 5 very large pieces
- 1/3 of a large red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Juice of 2 small lmes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your grill to medium high. When it’s hot, place the pineapple pieces directly on the rack. Close the lid and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. You want the pineapple to caramelize and get grill lines, but it should not get mushy or too burnt.
- When your pineapple is done, remove from heat and let cool completely. Dice the pineapple into small pieces, then toss with the remaining ingredients and eat immediately or chill in a sealed container until you’re ready to eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salmon
The Underrated Pantry Hero
A love you never knew you had for Cracklin' Oat Bran.
Cereal = Dessert
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Recipe of the Day
The Daily Grind
A Shoo-In Salad