If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cakes began as an attempt to cross Maryland crab cakes with my grandmothers canned salmon patties. Then I got carried away, incorporating a wonderful locally made green pepper jam into the cakes and their topping. - JoanG - JoanG
Food52 Review: This is a great salmon cake! The fresh salmon gives it a meaty texture that holds together very well during cooking. And the combination of the lox, crème fraiche, and pepper jelly give it a really interesting flavor. JoanG suggests cucumbers as a garnish but I didn’t have one so I served it with sliced avocado which was a creamy counter to the cake. - cheese1227 - The Editors
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillets, skin removed, cut into chunks
- 4 ounces smoked salmon or lox
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche,
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup cracker or bread crumbs
- 4 green onions, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 6 tablespoons green pepper jam
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place fresh and smoked salmon in a food processor and chop briefly. Remove to a large bowl. No need to clean the food processor. Put in it 2 Tbsp of the creme fraiche, 2 Tbsp of the pepper jam, and all the ingredients down to (but not incuding) the butter and olive oil. Blend these ingredients together and then empty into the mixing bowl with the salmon. Mix well. Form the mixture into small flat cakes, about 2 TBSP in each. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Carefully place salon cakes in pan and saute until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip cakes and cook on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Brush the tops with t2 more Tbsp of the pepper jam as they finish cooking. Remove from pan to platter. Serve on fresh greens topped with the remaining 2 Tbsp crème fraiche mixed with the remaining 2 Tbsp pepper jam and chopped cucumber (if desired).
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce