If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My sister and I came up with the recipe I don't remember how long ago, and it has been a hit every time I've made it since...perhaps there are those who turn their noses up at using a cake mix, but we both owe a debt to Anne Byrn whose Darn Good Chocolate Cake inspired this recipe. Feel free to use any chocolate cake mix and chip combination. I have used devil's food, dark chocolate, triple chocolate, chocolate fudge. Swirled chips, white chocolate chips, mini chips. —susan259
- 1 full size chocolate cake mix
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or other chips of your choice (some are 10 oz not 12 but will work)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and dry pudding mix to combine and remove any large lumps. Add all the rest of the ingredients except chocolate chips and mix well, being sure to scrape sides of bowl. Stir in chocolate chips so they are evenly distributed.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. (Batter is very thick—you may need to use a spoon or something to scoop it into pan.) Smooth batter with spatula to spread evenly and remove any air pockets.
- Bake in middle of preheated oven for 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely. You can serve plain, or dust with powdered sugar. When I want to be fancier, I make a chocolate glaze, or I melt ½ cup chocolate chips and ½ cup white chips and drizzle over top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.