Author Notes: I created this dressing/recipe with leftovers I had laying around a few months ago...a little fresh garlic, an egg yolk, some anchovies, a little vinegar, some lemon, salt and pepper. And after it was created and I had poured it over a little baby romaine and tomatoes I thought -- wow! this is a cheese-less Ceaser salad! It is rich and delicious without the cheese. Of course, if you want the cheese, grate a little fresh parmesan over top. - coffeefoodwritergirl
- 1 heaping tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic -- crushed
- 5 anchovy filets -- chopped/smashed
- 5 ounces baby romaine
- 2 green onions -- chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes -- sliced in half
- Whisk mustard, egg yolk, lemon, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and anchovy together in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place baby romaine, tomatoes and green onion together in large bowl. Toss lightly.
- Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. (Sprinkle grated parmesan over if desired).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Caesar Salad