If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this dressing/recipe with leftovers I had laying around a few months ago...a little fresh garlic, an egg yolk, some anchovies, a little vinegar, some lemon, salt and pepper. And after it was created and I had poured it over a little baby romaine and tomatoes I thought -- wow! this is a cheese-less Ceaser salad! It is rich and delicious without the cheese. Of course, if you want the cheese, grate a little fresh parmesan over top. —coffeefoodwritergirl
- 1 heaping tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic -- crushed
- 5 anchovy filets -- chopped/smashed
- 5 ounces baby romaine
- 2 green onions -- chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes -- sliced in half
- Whisk mustard, egg yolk, lemon, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and anchovy together in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place baby romaine, tomatoes and green onion together in large bowl. Toss lightly.
- Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. (Sprinkle grated parmesan over if desired).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Caesar Salad
Our Recent Favorite Recipes
Matcha-black sesame cheesecake, waffled grilled cheese, and more
Our recent favorite recipes.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
It's time to travel.
The best vegan cookbook tips.
Put cake on a pedestal.