If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a lovely dish that you can make ahead for a buffet supper since it can be served hot or cold. We often think of apples for fall dishes but the served cold this light and simple recipe is perfect for summer as well. It can be make in a smaller dinner version simply cutting the ingredients in half. - dovesandfigs
- 2 1/2-3 pounds Farm Raised Salmon (whole side, filleted & skinned)
- 750 milliliters Sparkling Apple Cider (One full bottle)
- 2 medium Apples (peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4 slices)
- 1 Sweet Onion (sliced very thin)
- 3-4 sprigs Dill (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 2 Lemons (sliced)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the apples and onions in a large baking dish (I use an aluminum catering pan).
- Place the salmon in the pan on top of the apples and onions.
- Arrange half of the lemon slices lemon and the dill sprigs on and around the fish.
- Pour in sparkling cider.
- Add salt & pepper as desired.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees or about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and alllow fish to rest for 10 minutes before serving hot or chill and serve later.
- Garnish with cooked apples and onions and reserved lemon slices and dill. Optionally, you can grill a few of the lemon slices for about 5 minutes on each side for dressier look.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salmon
Shine a Little Light
Candles for spring.
Let Them Shine
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
DIY Herb Rub
Easygoing banana bread.
Go play outside!