If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The basic components of the classic Caesar but brought together in a different way, the anchovy puree is tangy without needing any dijon or worcestershire. I had fun with this and my husband loved the flavor. - Amber Olson - Amber Olson
Food52 Review: This might be the perfect summer weeknight meal. Light, tangy, crispy and salty, this salad packs maximum flavor into a few simple steps. The anchovy puree is intensely flavorful, and would be delightful drizzled over roasted or grilled chicken or fish. The crumbled egg adds a bit of protein, body and sunny color to the salad, and is a creative riff on the raw egg that typically defines Caesar salad. The toasted bread concept couldn't be easier; yet works beautifully to absorb the lovely puree. Use the best quality ingredients you can find for this dish; you'll be happy. - mariaraynal - The Editors
- 2 1/2" thick slices whole grain country style bread, toasted and broken into irregular pieces
- 2 ounces thick shavings of Parmesan cheese, cut into irregular pieces
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon leaves of flat leaf parsley (not chopped)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (possibly a bit more)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 hearts of romaine heads, cut crosswise into 2" strips, washed and spun dry
- While the bread bites are still warm, toss them with the parmesan in a small bowl.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the anchovies, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, parsley and chicken stock. With the machine running, gradually add the oil in a slow stream to emulsify. The dressing will be thin rather than thick.
- Place romaine in a large bowl, top with the bread and cheese mixture and lightly toss. Add puree sparingly, toss everything to coat. Wait a minute or so, and then add more of the puree to taste.
- To serve, portion salad into bowls and top with the hard boiled egg crumbles.
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking