If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was the first salad that I was able to get my husband to eat. Now, everytime we make grilled steaks, we make a bit extra to have one of our favorite quick dinners! - StephanieBezner
- 1 bunch Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 6-8 ounces filet (seasoned with seasoning salt and freshly ground black pepper, grilled to your desired level of doneness and at room temperature)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Tear the romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and add to a large bowl; toss with balsamic vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat; add onions and cook until tender and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, slice the steaks against the grain in thin slices.
- Once onions are complete, add onions and grape tomatoes to romaine lettuce. Toss salad and divide between two plates. Season salad with pepper, to taste. Arrange steak slices atop salad, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (the good stuff – this is a salad)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (you may double olive oil if you don’t love vinegar as much as I do)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper (to taste). Gradually whisk in oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Salad