If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Decadent is on overused word. When referring to food it is usually describing something that is not healthy. This French toast is decadent...it is tooth achingly sweet and has lots of sugar and calories. I had some left over meringue batter and just threw in a few more ingredients for French Toast. Fresh fruit, like berries, give the recipe a little acidic kick to balance the intense sweetness. It you want to make this a healthy choice...just throw away the toast and eat the berries! —dymnyno
- meringue :make my Basic Meringue from Food52
- 2 egg yolks, from meringue recipe
- 3 tbs heavy cream
- 1 loaf of brioche bread sliced into 1 inch slices
- butter, for cooking
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a bowl, add 2 lightly beaten egg yolks, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 3 tbs of heavy cream to about a cup of the meringue batter and fold together.
- Take a whole brioche loaf and cut it into one inch slices.
- Carefully put the slices into the batter to coat all sides evenly .Let the excess drip off.
- Melt some butter in a large pan. Don't let the butter get too hot or brown.
- Add the dipped brioche to the hot butter. When it begins to brown, turn over and cook the other side.
- Remove to a plate. Serve fresh berries over the French toast.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best French Toast
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.