If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 Tuna steaks
- 1 avocado
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lemon
- olive oil, S&P
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Marinate tuna steaks in olive oil, salt, pepper, chile flakes, and lime zest. An hour or two prior to dinner.
- For Rice Saute diced onion, and garlic on low heat in olive oil, cook till translucent. Add rice and saute till lightly golden. Then add 2 cups water, bring to a boil then cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 min. Finish with chopped cilantro and 2 tablespoons butter.
- For Salsa Cut avocado into cubes, I like to add roasted corn, but if you don't have that you can saute canned corn until golden, let cool then add to mix. Add chopped cilantro, juice of one lime, olive oil, salt and pepper. Be creative and season to your liking.
- To sear tuna, I have a grill pan which I use during the winter months. If you have an outdoor grill all the better. Make sure your grill is nice and hot, then place your tuna. Sear on each side for 2 minutes. Don't move it around, let it be :) I also grill the asparagus just seasoned olive oil, salt, and pepper.