If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This can be a great side or even a vegetarian main course. Simmering the greens in wine, vinegar and maple syrup until the liquid is absorbed gives them a nice texture and a deep flavor. - clintonhillbilly
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1 handful pecans
- 2 good shakes crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
- Sautee ginger and onion in olive oil until soft.
- Add red wine, balsamic, maple syrup, crushed pepper, chopped chard. Toss until chard is covered.
- Cover pot and simmer 5 minutes, then uncover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add white beans, pecans. Season to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.