If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A rich French Toast Casserole that is perfect for weekend guests and can be made the night before so all you have to do is put it in the oven while you converse over coffee. - Nestingproject
- 1 Loaf of French Bread
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- Cut the French Loaf into cubes.
- In a saucepan melt the butter with the honey and brown sugar over moderate heat until smooth. About 10 minutes. Pour into 13 x 9 glass dish
- Add the bread on top of the brown sugar mixture.
- Mix the eggs and half and half together with the Cointreau and pour on top of the bread. Chill overnight.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and bring casserole to room temperature.Bake the casserold for 35 - 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best French Toast