If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an adaption of my mother's potato salad recipe. To be honest, I don't know that I really ever measure everything out, but when I decided to write it down, I did measure it out. I suppose this is one of those eternal arguments, like sugar in corn bread--mustard or not? Mustard, of course. The other key is to mix everything together while the potatoes are still warm. - susan259
- 6 cups potatoes, I like red skinned
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or more, to taste)--use Hellmans or Best Foods
- 1 cup chopped white or yellow onion--I like 1014 or Vidalia
- 1/4-1/3 cups yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar (ESSENTIAL!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 hardboiled eggs-chop the whites and mash the yolks
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet relish
- dried dill (to taste)
- Wash and cook potatoes till just soft. I like them with the skins on, but peel them if you must. Don't overcook or you'll have potato mush.
- Drain water and place pan and potatoes back on heat and cook a few minutes longer, shaking pan, to remove excess water.
- Let potatoes cool enough so you can handle them. Cut them into bite-sized cubes.
- Mix warm potatoes and rest of ingredients till well coated and well distributed. Refrigerate till cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad
This Orecchiette's a Little Rye
An earthy pasta you'll want to eat.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Espresso takes a chill.
Treats for your beach bag.
Recipe of the Day
Raise a (recycled) glass.