If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I discovered the joys of miso paste a year or two ago, and I use it for all kinds of things. But one of the things it does best is add its salty unctuousness to a dressing for sweet potato salad. I use this dressing for almost everything, including tossing raw veggies for roasting. —Kayb
- 4 medium sweet potatos, peeled and cut in 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (I use white miso)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss sweet potatos with olive oil and put in a bag with sesame seeds and shake to coat. Spread out on foil-lined baking sheet and roast until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together remaining dressing ingredients. Toss gently with potato chunks. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.