Author Notes: I devised this recipe when I was desperate for something to bring to a picnic before "The Importance of Being Earnest" in Regent's Park, London. It can be made ahead of time and the pancetta and dressing kept separate, then mixed up when you're ready to eat. - KristenF
Serves 4 as side dish
- 1 pound small waxy potatoes
- 1 handful diced celery
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 ounces pinenuts, toasted
- 4 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1 dash red chilli flakes
- juice of 1 lemon plus zest
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Steam potatoes until tender, perhaps 15 minutes.
- Fry pancetta cubes till crisp and brown, then drain on a paper towel.
- Drain and quarter potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients up to goat cheese.
- Shake up all the ingredients from goat cheese on into a dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- When ready to serve, mix pancetta with salad ingredients, then toss with dressing and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad