If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe that people genuinely ask for - and not just because they are my in-laws and trying hard to be polite! It that constantly evolves and adapts, and each summer brings a new twist. I don't always have green onions - Vidalias work just fine. No red potatoes? Go for Russets. A little fresh thyme? Why not? It is dependable, tasty and can be adapted and stretched to feed the masses. Just add more potatoes, and more mayonnaise. Particularly fine for large picnic gatherings. Plus you can make it in the morning, and it is just right by suppertime. Charles and Camilla indulge in extra servings I have noticed. Probably because Hellmann's Mayonnaise is far superior to the salad dressings they are used to... —fineartdaily
Serves many, many servings
- 2 pounds little new, red potatoes
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise thinned with milk
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes until tender. While warm (but not still steaming hot - I have melted my fingerprints slicing too early and my life of crime may start any minute now) slice potatoes and begin to layer them in a large bowl - one layer potatoes then a handful of green onions and salt and pepper. Pour on some of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat. Gently stir until all the potatoes are coated. You may need to add more mayonnaise mixture when you are ready to serve, as the potatoes absorb the liquid. Put on the table and stand back - the stampede might knock you down!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.