If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom has always been the best and making great summer salads and inspiring me to create them as well. This is a take on one of my favorite green bean salads from childhood. - MadisonMayberry —MadisonMayberry
Food52 Review: MadisonMayberry's super delicious salad is very simple and perfect for a picnic. The blanched beans are perfectly cooked and well matched with the crunchy toasted nuts and the punch of the raw onions. A final sprinkling of dill is the perfect touch for summer. - Stephanie —The Editors
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- *Preheat oven to 350*F.
- *Place pecans on a baking pan or oven-going baking dish and toast in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Set aside.
- *Place green beans in a large saucepan and add enough water to come about halfway up the green beans. Bring to boiling and cook 5 minutes, or until green beans are crisp-tender, meaning they still have some crunch to them, but are pleasantly tender. Drain beans and place in a large bowl.
- *Add the toasted pecans and chopped onions to the bowl. *In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper.
- *Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the green beans and toss to coat. Serve immediately at room temperature, or refrigerate up to a day and serve chilled.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best String Bean Salad
A Bite-sized Lunch
All nibbles and bits
A bite-sized lunch.
Recipe of the Day
Free shipping, this weekend only!
The freedom to snack.
Savor the season.