If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a budding cook, working diligently to practice and learn. This is my first from-scratch recipe that I am actually proud of and would recommend. Progress! —Mollyh
Serves 4 side dishes
- 2 pieces bacon, jambon or panchetta, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 14 ounces chick peas rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces canned artichokes, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 8 cups arugula greens or other tender greens
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh lemon juice
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon over low to medium heat til cooked through. Remove using slotted spoon to paper towels.Pour off most of the leftover oil, leaving about 1-2 teaspoons left in the pan.
- Lower the heat,add cumin seeds and cook until darker in color and fragrant, about one minute.Watch closely, as they can burn quickly.
- Add chickpeas and artichokes and give a good stir til they are warmed through. Add the sherry, bacon and greens and toss over the heat, til greens are wilted and liquid has reduced somewhat.
- Season with salt and a generous squirt of the lemon to taste and toss again. Serve immediately.
Just for the Halibut
Grill it like you mean it
Just for the halibut.
A quesadilla, case closed.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.