Author Notes: I made this with what was in my fridge. Herbs: Cilantro & Basil. Also, I put too much Sriracha sauce in the dressing. - EarlyToBed
- 16 ounces leftover grilled steak, seasoned with salt & pepper, sliced into ~cm3 cubes
- 1 cup any combination of chopped mixed fresh herbs: cilantro, mint, basil, spring onion, etc.
- .25 cups japanese-style pickled ginger, julienned
- 2 cups pea sprouts or bean sprouts
- 2 cups salad greens
- Ponzu sauce or equal parts rice vinegar, soy sauce, and lemon/lime juice
- Optional: Sriracha sauce if you like your ponzu dressing wth a kick
- Mix the first three ingredients in a salad bowl with ~2 Tablespoons of ponzu sauce
- Add sprouts and toss
- Add salad greens (or not) and toss
- If necessary, finish dressing with more ponzu sauce. If you like your salad with some heat, add Sriracha to taste to the ponzu dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Salad