If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't really like potato salad, but what better way to turn it into something I like than take a cue from one of the dishes I crave all the time: cobb salad! The result is sort of like a salad version of a baked potato with all the best fixin's a person could ask for. The technique of tossing the potatoes with vinegar before they are chilled is from the folks at America's Test Kitchen. It helps improve the flavor of the potatoes. —fiveandspice
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, washed and halved (or medium potatoes, quartered)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons mustard (preferably Dijon)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 avocado,(or 2 if you're an avocado lover, like myself!) pitted, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- chopped chives, to garnish
- Add potatoes to a large pot, fill with enough water to nearly cover potatoes, cover and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook until potatoes are just tender when speared with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and allow to cool to room temperature.
- When cooled, gently toss with vinegar and a sprinkling of salt and pepper (about ½ tsp. each). Refrigerate potatoes to chill.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, then remove to a plate covered with a paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, sour cream, mustard and garlic clove, stir in egg pieces, then refrigerate until ready to use.
- When potatoes are chilled, in a large bowl gently toss together the potatoes, mayo mixture, bleu cheese, bacon bits, and tomatoes. Transfer into a serving bowl, top with avocado pieces, sprinkle with chives, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.