If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an uncooked vegan tart. It is rich enough to serve for dessert, but healthy enough to eat for breakfast! I haven't tried the tart with other fruits, but you can feel free to experiment with different combinations. If it doesn't matter to you that the pie is raw/vegan, you can use a sweetener other than agave, such as honey or sugar. You can use any type of nut (or a combination) to make the crust, or you can use a pat in the pan shortbread crust instead. It can be a little challenging to keep the integrity of each slice when serving due to the crumbliness of the crust; chilling the crust in the freezer for 20 minutes before filling/serving can be helpful. - WinnieAb
Make the fruit filling
- 2 cups fresh figs, ends trimmed and sliced into quarters
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped away
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the figs and the blackberries.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the vanilla seeds and the agave syrup. Pour over the fruits and allow to macerate for about 30 minutes.
Make the crust
- 2 cups raw almonds, crushed in a blender until they resemble a fine meal, or use 2 cups of almond "flour"
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches sea salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the crust ingredients. They should be quite crumbly and sticky; if not, add a bit more agave.
- Press the crust ingredients into the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan or tart pan.
- Spoon your fruit filling over the crust and drizzle any remaining macerating liquid over the fruit.
- Serve immediately or allow to chill in the refrigerator for a bit; don't let it sit too long, though, or the crust may get soggy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fruit Tart
Shine a Little Light
Candles for spring.
Let Them Shine
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
DIY Herb Rub
Easygoing banana bread.
Go play outside!