Author Notes: A few years ago my sister and her husband invited me to a Spanish restaurant in New Jersey for dinner. I really don’t like leaving the city, but they promised me it was well worth it.
I got my Visa, filled the car with gas and punched in the address into Paula, my GPS navigation device. All I kept thinking was Paula, don’t fail me now! All the food seemed pretty typical, but I had these amazing roasted potatoes that I couldn’t get enough of. I asked the waiter what was in them and the only thing he would tell me was garlic. I asked another waiter and he said Mayonnaise. Hmmmm, my fellow Umbres at this lovely establishment didn’t think I could guess it was a Spanish version of aioli.
Because of global warming, the horrible economy and my total fear of going below 59th street, I’ve been pressed to come up with my own version. - MySocialChef - MySocialChef
Food52 Review: A smart play on Spanish patatas bravas -- fried potatoes with a garlic mayonnaise. Instead of frying the potatoes MySocialChef has you roast them, and rather than making your own homemade mayonnaise, you sharpen storebought mayonnaise with lemon juice, Dijon mustard and a whole lot of garlic. You'll breathe fire for days but the suffering you inflict on others is worth it! - A&M - A&M
- 1 pound pound small Potatoes (white or red)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon of salt and the pepper. Mix and put on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake the potatoes for 40 minutes flipping twice during baking. Make sure they turn a nice golden brown. Take out of the oven and allow to cool. In a bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the chopped garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Mix and pour over the cooled potatoes.
- Your Best Potato Salad Contest Winner!