If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a light yet flavorful green bean salad. It is always a crowd pleaser. The recipes works equally well with grilled or roasted asparagus. - melissav
Serves 6-8 as a side
- 1 pound greens, trimmed and rinsed
- 3/4 cups red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, cut into thin strips about 1 inch long
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pecorino cheese, grated
- Place the onion in a bowl along with the balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, blanch the green beans until crisp tender, about 3-4 minutes depending on whether you have skinny or fat green beans. Drain and place in a bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain and dry.
- Whisk the olive oil into the onions and vinegar.
- Add the roasted red peppers, olives, and green beans. Toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Go a little easy on the salt since the pecorino will add some salt. Top with the pecorino.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best String Bean Salad