If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad was inspired by looking for ways to use my favorite vinaigrette which I decided to combine with my favorite green beans: roasted with olive oil and salt. I added the creamy goat cheese and crispy almonds to add variety of taste and texture. I use Blood Orange infused olive oil and Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar for this vinaigrette, which is so good I clean the plate with my finger.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed if desired
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, agave, or maple syrup
- salt and freshy ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Tangerine or orange balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange or lemon infused olive oil
- 1 or 2 heads of romaine, outer leaves removed,cleaned and crisp romaine leaves, torn into inch long pieces
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese,crumbled
- 2 tablespoons candied or toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tangerines, peeled and divided into segments
- Toss the green beans with olive oil and salt and roast in a shallow pan at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes, until they have shriveled somewhat and are getting a little brown.
- While they roast, make the vinaigrette. Whisk the mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in the vinegar, mix well, then whisk in the olive oil, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Mix the vinaigrette with the romaine (you don’t have to use all the dressing, leftovers are wonderful to use later). Arrange the greens on a plate,
- When the beans are ready and still hot, arrange them on the romaine. Garnish with tangerine segments, dots of goat cheese, and a sprinkling of the almonds.
- Note: to candy the almonds, heat a small skillet with 2 Tbsp sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and almonds have a nice golden coat. Cool on a plate before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best String Bean Salad
Alice Waters's Essentials
Her 15 must-have tools
Alice Waters's essential tools.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
A better basket.