If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A year ago I created a really tasty Thai Steak Salad recipe, and decided to repurpose the dressing and fresh herb combo to make a fresh, light green bean salad. This salad is bright and flavorful, sweet and spicy, and really deliciously complex. Perfect for a main course or side! - Loves Food Loves to Eat - Loves Food Loves to Eat
Food52 Review: This is a simple and extremely tasty way to serve green beans. I accidentally overcooked my green beans a bit (so they weren't as crisp as I would have liked) but they were still delicious served this way, and my dinner guests agreed. I was pretty generous with the Sriracha, so they were wonderfully spicy. This is a great summer salad if you enjoy Thai flavors! - WinnieAb - The Editors
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 large clove garlic- pressed
- 1.5 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- zest and juice of one large lime
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- squirt of Sriracha sauce (spice to your liking)
- 1 pound fresh green beans/string beans- ends removed and cut in half
- 2 tomatoes (I use roma, but your choice)- chopped
- 1 red bell pepper- thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1-2 springs chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped peanuts
- sliced green onion for garnish
- black pepper
- For dressing, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, fish sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and zest, brown sugar, and sriracha.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanche beans for about 2 minutes, still crunchy and bright green. Shock in cold water.
- Combine red pepper, tomato, cilantro, basil, mint, and green beans. Toss with dressing and add black pepper to your liking. Let sit for at least 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Before serving, toss in peanuts, and garnish with green onion.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best String Bean Salad
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.