If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I consider myself a connoisseur of bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwiches, given that I raisesd my family on them because they were something healthy and good I could fix for dinner in 15 mintues before we headed out to the ballpark or after we got home from the ballpark, which was a four-night-a-week routine in the summer. So at least one, and often two, of those nights, we'd have BLTs. I've dolled mine up a bit since the girls are grown and gone, and it's still a favorite summer meal. - Kayb
- 3 strips slab bacon, fried crisp
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or mashed
- 1 or 2 tomato slices, about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 leaves butter or leaf or Bibb lettuce
- 2 slices good quality, sturdy wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons mayo or spicy aioli
- Spread both slices of bread with spicy aioli. Top one side with lettuce leaves, concave side up. Top lettuce leaves with sliced tomato (ideally, the tomato should be of a size that one slice covers most of a slice of bread, but you may need two slices; if so, cut one in half and arrange to cover most of surface area. Perch bacon atop tomatos.
- If the avocado is super-ripe, mash half of it and spread it on the other piece of bread. If it's still in sliceable range, slice and arrange it atop the bacon
- Top with remaining bread slice and squash with your hand enough to get it in your mouth. You may wish to toast your bread; I prefer not to.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed or roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup olive oil, more or less
- Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and horseradish in a blender or food processor. Pulse to combine. While it's running, pour in oil in a steady stream untl aioli is the consistency you want. Depending on size of eggs, you may need a little more, or you may use a little less.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pork Sandwich
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.