If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family lived in Germany for a month when I was in 2nd grade. This recipe was our attempt to recreate a dish we ate at the village cafe in the town where we stayed. We have been eating it ever since, although my sister and I call it Ham and Asparagus on Toast. —susan259
- 1 pound cooked asparagus
- 1/2 pound good quality deli ham, not sliced too thin. We like Viriginia or honey ham for this recipe
- 1/2 pound good quality sharp cheddar cheese, sliced thin
- 8 slices good quality multi grain or whole wheat bread, not sliced too thick
- Preheat broiler on high. Lightly toast bread. Place bread in single layer on shallow baking pan. Top each bread slice with ham, tearing ham to fit as necessary. You may not need all the ham, you want a single layer covering the bread. Lay asparagus in a single layer on top of ham, again, cutting to fit. Layer cheese on top of asparagus, tearing to fit as needed. Broil 5-7 minutes until cheese is bubbly and sandwiches are hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pork Sandwich
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.