If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to get this sandwich at a little diner close to my office, when I'd be in a hurry for lunch. It was American cheese, thin supermarket bacon, and Wonder bread, and it was still good. When you upgrade all the ingredients, it's phenomenal. And when you pair it with a cup of homemade tomato soup, it's sublime. - Kayb
- 3 strips slab bacon, fried crisp and drained
- 2 ounces Gruyere, shredded
- 2 ounces butterkase cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Butter both sides of both pieces of bread. Distribute one kind of cheese on one slice, top with bacon, and add second kind of cheese. (You may use any combination that you have on hand.) Top with other slice of bread, and grill with a press.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pork Sandwich
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
How to Hard Cook Lots of Eggs at Once
Use the oven, you egghead.
Nancy Silverton's Bran Muffins
Wholesome, jammy, Genius.
Style with a breeze.