If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I first had strawberries like this, it was just with sour cream and brown sugar, and the strawberries weren't macerated. And that's a wonderful way to serve them when they're fresh. But I usually found myself wanting to keep strawberries on hand for two or three days, and that meant macerating, so I altered the recipe to accommodate that. I keep strawberries in my refrigerator throughout the season, and make creme fraiche (which is not truly creme fraiche, but close enough) about twice a week, and I often have this for breakfast as well as dessert. - Kayb
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Rinse, cap and halve or quarter strawberries. Sprinkle with sugar and balsamic vinegar; toss gently. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Scoop a serving of strawberries into a dessert dish. Top with 2 tablespoon creme fraiche and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Serve immediately.
Sweetened Creme Fraiche
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whisk all ingredients until yogurt is smootlhly blended into cream. Allow to sit and thicken on countertop for 3-4 hours. Will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Wonderful on any kind of fruit.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries