If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Strawberries and yogurt go well together with the added sparkle of citrus and ginger. Muesli soaked in yogurt priovides a soft and chewy texture. If you want to be decadent, top with a dollop of whipped cream. I used a homemade rhubarb puree inthe recipe but also tried it with blueberry jam. You could also mix in dried fruits and nuts. —JoanG
- 1 cup thick, plain, Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup dry muesli cereal (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 lemon or lime: use the juice and zest
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons fruit puree or jam
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- Mix all ingredients except strawberries. Place in a bowl, cover and chill for at least 2 hours
- When ready to serve,stir the yogurt mixture select two deep wineglasses. In each one, layer the following: ¼ of the yogurt mixture ¼ cup strawberries. Repeat layers
- Garnish with mint leaves and enjoy on a summer morning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.