If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While I know that strawberries and balsamic isn't a brand-new idea, I think this is a particularly tasty version - one that we make pretty often and with enthusiatic response. Note that I keep this balsamic reduction in the fridge at all times, I have it on my salad with lemon olive oil almost every night, it's good on duck legs, pork (might see it in a sandwich soon :-) and a myriad of things. - aargersi
Serves 1 to many, depending!
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4-5 strawberries per bowl
- 3 mint leaves per bowl
- the best vanilla ice cream you can get - if you are in Texas or Louisiana, I strongly recommend Blue Bell Natural Vanilla Bean
- Make the reduction - simmer the balsamic over med-low heat until it has reduced to 1/2 cup - it will be nice and syrupy (is that spelled right?) this took me about a half hour. Stir in the maple syrup and put it in a pouring container of some sort. Stick it in the fridge to chill.
- For each bowl you are serving - wash, trim and slice the berries. Cut the mint into thin ribbons. Put half the berries in the bowl, add a scoop of ice cream, sprinkle the mint over then drizzle with balsamic reduction. That's it - so easy and so good!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries